II. Proposal for Marine Transportation
1. General Requirements: All pipes and materials shipped via marine transportation shall meet API_RP_5LW standard. They shall be stowed and strengthened according to the standard; the layer height shall meet the requirement; and the cushioning wood covered with rubber shall be placed on the lowest part of the cabin.
（2）3000 吨钢管的运输方案。因为批量比较小，使用缅甸件杂货班轮运输。船型为2 层柜船，DWT 在8000-20000 之间，运输周期为15-20天。要求使用专用仓位运输，不与其他货物混装
(2) Transportation proposal for 3000 ton steel pipes: As the lot size of the steel pipes is relatively small, the break-bulk liner to Burma will be used to ship the goods. The vessel will be the two-storey feeder vessel with DWT of 8000-20000. The transport cycle is 15-20 days. The special-purpose storage cabins shall be used, without the mixed stowage of other goods.
（3）6000 吨钢管的运输方案。这个批量813钢管的体积大约在14000 立方米。在这个货量条件下尽量采用租船运输，采用DWT 15000-18000的BOX船或2 层柜船，2层柜船单舱堆高在7 层以下。如果使用BOX船，那么层高会在15-17 层，服。
(3) Transportation proposal for 6000 ton steel pipes: This lot of 813 type steel pipes has the volume of about 14000 cubic meter. It is ideal to ship the goods by charter. The BOX vessel or two-storey feeder vessel with DWT of 15000-18000 will be used. The layer height of the single cabin of two-storey feeder vessel shall not exceed seven layers, and the layer height of BOX vessel shall be 15-17 layers.
（4）10000 吨钢管的运输方案大概货量在23000立方米，适合整船运输， 船舶吨位在13000吨左右。采用租船运输，船型为单层甲板BOX船，舱内堆高不超过18层。假如要使用2层柜船，那么单舱内堆高低于10层。
Transportation proposal for 10000 ton steel pipes: This lot of steel pipes has the volume of about 23000 cubic meter. The parcel-bulk shipment is preferred. The vessel tonnage is about 13000 ton. It is determined to ship the goods by charter. The single-deck BOX vessel with the layer height of not over 18 layers will be used. If two-storey feeder vessel is used, the layer height of the single cabin shall not exceed 10 layers.
The schematic diagram for loading Φ1016mm pipes on two-storey feeder vessel
The schematic diagram for loadingΦ813mm pipes on two-storey feeder vessel
2.海运积载要求：沿船首尾向装载钢管，不能横向积载，尤其不能交叉积载。货物在场地上堆放时，钢管的焊缝应该都指向天空，这样在装载时，焊缝也自然向上, 在舱内第一层以及接下来几层最好都这样积载。装卸时把长的管子（超过12 米长）放在下面，然后按照由长到短积载，以此类推。
2. Requirements on stowage: The steel pipes shall be stowed along the fore-and-aft direction of the vessel. No cross direction stowage and overlapping storage is allowed. When stacked in the yard, the welded joint of the steel pipes shall point to the sky, so that the welded joint will be upward when the steel pipes are loaded. It is ideal to stow the goods in the first layer and the several layers below in this way. The long pipes (over 12 m) are placed on the low part, and then place the pipes according to their length.
It is ideal to use BOX vessel to ship the steel pipes in order to reduce the difficulty of stowage and the damage to the goods in the course of transportation. When using the conventional vessel to ship the goods, a large quantity of cushioning wood must be used. It will increase the time of loading. However, if it is adequately strengthened, the quality of goods transportation will not be affected. For the fore-and-aft cabins, the cushioning operation shall be properly done.
III. Goods Loading Proposal for Railway and Road Transportation
1. Overall Proposal
Railway Transportation: For each carriage three layers of Φ813 steel pipes will be stacked, with 8 pipes (3/2/3)
For each carriage three layers ofΦ1016 steel pipes will be stacked, with 5 pipes (2/1/2)
Road Transportation: For each vehicle 5 Φ813 steel pipes will be stacked (2/1/2)
For each vehicle 5 Φ813 steel pipes will be stacked (2/1)
2, Transportation Proposal
For steel pipes to be transported via northern route, the railway and road transportation will be adopted. The pipes will be transported to Dali freight railway station (or to neighboring Xiangyun railway station in case of insufficient unloading capacity of Dali station) from manufacturer’s special short-distance railway line or neighboring freight railway station. After unloaded from railway, the pipes will be loaded into the vehicles and transported to Jiegao transfer station.
The transportation of the steel pipes shall be executed according to the formulated transportation schedule. The loading of steel pipes onto the vehicles shall be executed strictly in accordance with the procedures for lifting, and the pipes shall be packed and strengthened according to requirements. After loading, packing and strengthening, the goods can only be dispatched with the inspection and consent of HSE personnel. A duplicate dispatch list (indicating vehicle no. and pipe no.) shall be made for each vehicle, which shall be carried by the driver. After the goods are delivered at the destination and accepted, the personnel in the storage yard will sign the dispatch list and retain one copy, and another copy of the dispatch list will be handed over to the dispatching yard by the driver.
3. Dali Temporary Transfer Station
Dali freight railway station has four station tracks, and two tracks (line 3 and line 4) are available. There is a locomotive for dispatching, enabling the continuous operation 24 hours a day, with good night illumination. This station has relatively small loading/unloading capacity. It takes 5 hours to complete the unloading operation for a batch of goods. The site occupancy ratio is relatively high. It is expected that after modification 1000 steel pipes can be stacked and stored in the station. The road condition around the station is relatively poor, with some drop pits and accumulated water. In the entrance there is a two-lane bridge opening, with height limit of 4.2 M and width limit of 5 M. The line 3 is equipped with a gantry crane of 36/16t, which can push on 15 carriages for one time. The line 4 is equipped with a auto crane of 45 t and a truck crane of 25 t, can push on 11 carriages for one time. Given the limited size and unloading capacity of the Dali railway station, we plan to construct a temporary transfer station around the Dali railway station in order to ensure the smooth transportation of steel pipes via northern route and coordinate the control of pipes in the Jiegao transfer station.